You are required to give certain personal data to us to enable us to provide services to you, both to perform our obligations under our contract and to meet any legal requirements. The privacy of your personal data is taken seriously, and this policy explains how data will be used and protected.
We will act as the Data Controller of your personal data. This notice applies before, during and after the contract comes to an end.
The types of personal data that is processed by us may include the following:
· Name, previous residential address and contact details including telephone numbers and email address
· Details of your family and or emergency contact details
· Date of birth
· Financial details, such as your National Insurance number, bank account, pensions, benefits
· Details about your health and medical care that you have consented to share with us.
· CCTV footage and audio recordings obtained during you period of residence.
We will process and control such data principally for the administrative and performance of the contract between us. Data may also be used where we are under a legal obligation to do so or where it is necessary and proportionate to safeguard the interests of you or a third party.
We may receive and share data with the following parties in order to assist them in the management of their duties and fulfil the purpose set out above:
· Governmental bodies
· Family members (with the appropriate consent)
· Medical treatment providers
· Care agencies
· Local authorities and other funders.
All third-parties who we share your data with are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with this policy. They are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes. Permission has/will only be granted for them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Data will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for in accordance with this policy. Where data is considered sensitive data (such as health records, CCTV footage etc) to determine the appropriate retention period for data consideration will be given to the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data collected, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which data is processed and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your rights, in certain circumstances, in regard to your personal data include:
· Request access - there is no charge for this request
· Request correction of the personal information
· Request erasure of your personal information.
· Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent please notify us.
From time to time you may also receive notification in other ways from us about the processing of your personal information. We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and will provide you with a new privacy notice when substantial updates are made.